Tex-Isle is looking for hardworking, creative and committed employees to be a part of our team. With a history spanning over fifty years, we continue to set the standard for customer service as well as the highest quality OCTG and line pipe.
We are committed to building a strong foundation and that begins with our team. For more information about joining our team, please submit your resume below. For general inquiries, please contact our Human Resources department.
Software Data Engineer
Software Data Engineer
The Software Data Engineer works with business to design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems & ensures that all systems meet the business/company requirements as well as industry practices.
- Work with business to design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems
- Ensure that all systems meet the business/company requirements as well as industry practices
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures
- Develop set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production
- Create custom software and analytics applications
- Research new uses for existing data
- Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems together
- Collaborate with members of the production, engineering and sales team
- Install/update disaster recovery procedures
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality
- Leads project delivery to business using Agile processes
- Other duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied mathematics, physics statistics, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an applicable role
- Oil and gas preferred, not required
- Must have expert level skills in SQL (writing queries, DB Administration), Java, Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Advanced Skills in PowerBi, VBA, C#, Python, HTML, C++
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets in Azure is preferred
- Experience working in Agile based CI/CD environment is desirable
- Preferably fluent in Spanish
- Intellectual curiosity to find new and unusual ways of how to solve data management issues
- Ability to approach data organizational challenges while prioritizing goals
- Travel approximately 25-30%
- Availability to work outside normal business hours and across time zones