Tex-Isle is looking for hardworking, creative and committed employees to be a part of our team. With a history spanning over fifty years, we continue to set the standard for customer service as well as the highest quality OCTG and line pipe.
We are committed to building a strong foundation and that begins with our team. For more information about joining our team, please submit your resume below. For general inquiries, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Mill Supervisor is responsible for operating a small OD HFW ERW production line. The Mill Supervisor is a leader that drives, motivates, and sets clear expectations for the production team. The Mill Supervisor is responsible for operating the ERW production line in lean efficient manner to optimize profitability. The Mill Supervisor must prioritize safety, quality, and production efficiency.
- Responsible for managing the mill operations team
- Responsible for managing production efficiency and hitting production targets
- Coach employees to ensure they understand job responsibilities and how they affect internal and external customers upstream and downstream.
- Work with engineering team to improve operation efficiency.
- Schedule and maintain shift manpower for mill operations and training
- Understand and contribute to production operating procedures.
- Responsible for production CAPAs and NCRs.
- Manage, organize, and inventory mill parts and tooling.
- Maintain necessary inventory of mill supplies, interface with accounting/purchasing and vendors as needed for resupply
- Submits accurate and detailed production reports
- Maintain ADP Pay System for employee time cards weekly
- Manage employee grievances
- Enforces safety and quality standards.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and presents solutions
- Ensures facility cleanliness
- Maximizing yields at lowest cost in accordance with established schedules and quality standards.
- Work closely with maintenance management to develop and implement short and long-term maintenance plans. Formulate and prioritize maintenance schedule.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Five or more years in steel mill ERW production supervision
- Familiarity with API 5CT & 5L
- High School degree or equivalent
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with inventory management software is a plus
- Proven experience leading a team in past paced manufacturing
- Bilingual is a plus
- Able to work nights, weekends or holidays to meet customer demands